Sunday, October 2, 2011

Me, HowardU, The World

To be a student at Howard University, you stand on the shoulders of the alumni who come before you. We must contribute to the prestigious legacy. What can and will I do to be a part of the "best and brightest" of Howard? I chosen to start now. I was admitted to the Freshman Leadership Academy, floor representative for my residence hall's (Drew Hall) executive council, member of the California Student Association, member of the Howard University Political Science Society, and currently running for the position of Vice President for the COAS Freshman Class Council Board. I want to ensure that I can make a strong impact as a freshman while maintaining the highest grade point average that I am capable of earning.

As one citizen of a large, yet small world of billions of people, I realized that I must not limit and confine myself to local community. As a political science major, I plan to get involved with international affairs. This will enable me to be able to unite the greater world community; something the world has always been struggling with. Nothing is impossible. “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” - Vince Lombardi

In my life, I have been inspired to be atypical, and do the impossible. We ourselves are the main ones who develop self-doubt. I will be apart of the progressive movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment