Sunday, October 23, 2011

My First HU Homecoming

One word to describe my first Howard Homecoming: Monumental

The Howard Homecoming festivities were monumental. Every event was huge. Coming into Howard University, I had no idea what to expect. I had always heard statements such as "The #1 Homecoming in the Nation", and " A celebration like no other". However, I am not surprised. I could tell that I was in for a treat once I experienced how LIVE the Midnight Madness Event was. Seeing practically our entire school together in Burr Gymnasium was great! I loved seeing all of the different organizations, especially mine which were the Gentlemen of Drew Social Club and the Freshman Leadership Academy. Luckily, they were in the same section together.

The highlight of Homecoming for me was winning the football game. I am a huge football, so seeing our team win was great to me. I think that the new coach and new players have done a great job this year in defeating big competitors in the MEAC. I know that our team only won one game last season, so just knowing that our class has turned Howard around for the better is the greatest feeling ever. I am not only speaking in regard to football. I am speaking about the positive impact of our class as a whole. I wish our class the best in regard to having a high retention rate moving into our next semester and year.

No comments:

Post a Comment